Are you ready to make money by licensing celebrity brand images? See what your score is on this simple preparedness test. Unless the score is 5 out of 5, you’re not maximising sales.
1. Are you already identifying brands in images? – This is the most basic building block for making sales to PR companies and brand managers. You can’t sell something you don’t have. If you aren’t doing this yourself, try outsourcing to experts such as BrandKeywording.com.
2. Do you identify just fashion brands, or other brands as well? – To maximise sales, you should be looking for as many brands as possible. That means cars, baby strollers, mobile phones and many other non-fashion products.
3. Do you identify brands in candid as well as event images? – Most brand keywording, such as it is, focuses on red carpet event images. Identifying brands in candid celebrity images is even more worthwhile as the items are easier for consumers to purchase, and there is relatively less competition between photographers for candid pics.
4. Do your photographers take images to show off the brands that can be seen in the images they take? – By adding a few extra frames to each set of images you can increase potential sales. Photographers should be routinely taking close-ups of handbags, shoes, jewellery and other brand items.
5. Do you have someone who specialises in dealing with PR companies and brand managers? – To make sales, you need someone who makes selling to PR companies and brand managers a regular part of their daily work. A dedicated staff member, and/or an outsourced sales team is ideal.
To find out how many brands can be identified in your images, try our 1,000 Image Challenge – just click here.